Monday, August 12, 2013

Volleyball Season Begins

Today was my first pre-season practice for CAPA Volleyball. I cannot be greatful enough that we are able to begin the season despite the on going school district crisis. Although we are able to start our season and other sports are able to begin, I fear that the season will be difficult. Our coach is no longer teaching at our school due to being laid off by the district, so my team and I will have to take a lot of responsibility in communicating about practices and games. My team and I intend on having an amazing season no matter what occurs within the school district. However, if school shouldn't start on time due to the lack of 50 million dollars that the school district insists on having to open schools, our season maybe obstructed. Today made me realize how much children truly do need extracurriculars. Not only for fun, but for a character-building experience. Not to mention scholarships and other opportunities that extracurriculars offer. Every child should have the opportunity to get involved in an extracurricular. It is vital to our futures that we are able to participate in activities that we enjoy and that provide even more opportunities for our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment