Sunday, August 18, 2013

A girl can dream, right?

So the more i look into colleges and do my research, the more i feel as though I'm really going to be paying for a simple piece of paper. A diploma that really just says "I paid 50,000 dollars for this piece of paper in order to get somewhere in the world, and now i will be in debt my whole life". Not to say that i don't believe college teaches you and prepares you to succeed in your profession, but why must we pay to be educated? This is a very idealistic view of the world, but wouldn't it be lovely if receiving an education was free? I believe that education is priceless, and that we are all entitled to an education. I don't believe education should be a business either, which it already is. I dream of a world that educates you beyond average and then releases you into a world in which you will thrive. Idealistically more people would be receiving an education because it is free, which would result in more people ready and willing to better the world around us. However we do not live in a perfect world, and never will. So for now i will be going through the tedious process of finding scholarships, and making the very little money that i do have stretch in order to receive my education, all while trying to accumulate as little debt as possible. Pray for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment